Wednesday, September 2

I see London, I see France.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, so excited for this!

Image Source: CCCDI

It's an exhibition at the Hong Kong Heritage Museum in Shatin called "The Golden Age of Couture: Paris and London 1947 - 1957". A brief overview of the exhibition from the HKHM page:
This exhibition focuses on post-war couture during a decade (1947–1957) that Christian Dior described as the "Golden Age" of fashion. Drawn mainly from the Victoria and Albert Museum's collections of French and British fashion and photography, it explores the creative, social and commercial aspects of this highly traditional and luxurious craft industry and analyses its legacy.
The exhibition includes pieces from:

Roger Vivier,

Christian Dior,

Pierre Balmain,

Cristobal Balenciaga,

and Hubert de Givenchy.

I'm going on September 26 with my college. It's part of this program I'm doing for the dorm building that I'm in, where we choose from a range of programs. Of course, I chose the visual arts one. Anyway, this is one of the upcoming trips. The dresses are all stunning and I can't wait to see the exquisite detailing on all of them! I'll be sure to post an update once I visit, hopefully cameras will be allowed!

1 comment: