Tuesday, June 7

From Shanghai to Beijing to Hong Kong

The past 10 days have been full of flights, pampering, rushing, resting, you name it. Super hectic and relaxing at the same time, is that even possible? I flew back home on the 28th to Shanghai for a quick trip before I started my internship in Hong Kong today, then flew back to my old home on the 3rd for a 4-day, 3-night Beijing trip. Though I'm actually from Hong Kong, I think Beijing is my real real home, since I lived there for over 10 years. Last night, I flew back to Hong Kong in time for my internship that started this morning. If I were to choose, I would never fly back the night before again.

I still have all the photos from my China trip to fix up. In the mean time, here are a bunch of photos from random events in May that I was meaning to most.

Super old nail polish that I seriously needed to throw out.

This is why. Expiry date: October 1997. My mom's old nail polish. Oh hey to my HK$50 untouched origami paper in the background :p

So far, my favorite cupcake place in Hong Kong, Sift. Check out their website, full of super amazing photos of their products that will make you drool.

Cute little box that the cupcakes are in!

From left to right, top to bottom: 2 Banana Foster's, Red Velvet, Salty Caramel, S'mores, Lemon Meringue.

If I had to choose, I'd say Salty Caramel is my favorite, but I haven't tried the Red Velvet one yet, since that was my friend's.

Om nom nom!

Between me and my boyfriend, we had 4 cupcakes and we murdered them in 20 minutes. It's actually harder than it sounds, stuffing so much sugar in your face. Well, for me at least.

Last Day of Class
This was a particularly exciting day. No more class and study break, translating to SHOPPING DAY! My friend Dawn and I went to Causeway Bay for much needed retail therapy. We first started out in Lane Crawford admiring the beautiful clothes, shoes, bags and other accessories too expensive to buy. We then moved to Lee Theatre for Esprit and Uniqlo, and then back to Times Square for Zara and later Island Beverly and Causeway Place. After shopping, we had a farewell dinner at Secret Garden in Admiralty for our guy friend going to US for exchange next semester. Last but not least, a trip to Tong Pak Fu for dessert!

 
My second time eating Auntie Anne's, but first time trying the Sour Cream and Onion Pretzel.

A J+ dress that I considered purchasing at Uniqlo, but black isn't really my color so I refrained.

Candid outfit photo! Wore my Zara blouse with Zara skirt, Pull & Bear flats, and Pedder Red bag. I am guilty of wearing too much Inditex.

 
My serious face.

Korean food. YES. How could you not love it?

 Dawn & I
I love the Korean appetizers. They're all good in their own way and I can't pick a favorite!


Rice cakes!

Korean BBQ Pork
 
Seafood Pancakes

Free soup

Stone Pot Rice

Me & Katic

Candid Dawn and Katic! Hahahahaha


I don't know why the waitress was adamant on including the table. No food left and looks like a mess!

Dessert at Tong Pak Fu in Causeway Bay

Green Tea Flavored Shaved Ice with Condensed Milk, Red Bean, Mochi and this green jelly thing


Waffles with Belgian Chocolate Ice Cream, Strawberries and Chocolate Sauce

Waffles with Strawberries, Strawberry Ice Cream and Whipped Cream, Topped with Strawberry Sauce (Oh hey, check out my submission of FuckYeahAwesomeFood's Tumblr)

That is all. Time to sleep. Gotta wake up at 7:30 tomorrow. So not used to it! :(

5 comments:

  1. Such beautiful outfits! All of that food makes my mouth water - especially looking at those yummy cupcakes xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa dawn's hair is so long now

    ReplyDelete
  3. u guys are so effin adorable..and i love korean food..and the desert looks so YUM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so amazing and delicious. Still havent found the "it" spot for Korean in Shanghai!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so lucky to be traveling all around. It's hard to do so when you have an office job. :S What kind of internship are you doing?

    -Sam
    http://www.samishome.com

    ReplyDelete