Friday, November 19

so cute!


This is so cute! I was just going through my receipts (yes I keep my receipts...hah) and I found this one from Monki a few weeks ago with its little characters. I love the colors and the illustrations.

I mentioned in my previous posts that I was going on a shopping trip, mostly for vintage shops, after I was finally free from my never-ending workload. And I've procrastinated on posting about it, but finally, since I'm posting about the receipt, I might as well post about the trip.

First, we stopped by H&M. I feel like I shop there at least twice a month..really does damage to my wallet. But I just can't help buying one or two things from there each time, whether it be accessories or basics.

Though Hong Kong isn't that cold to wear hats in the winter, I got this beret cause I lost my old one :(


Again, HK isn't cold enough for leather gloves, but I'm going back home for winter. Well Shanghai isn't really my home, seeing as I've lived in Beijing my whole life practically. But my parents just moved to Shanghai.


I've been having an obsession with rings recently. I think it was after I saw Lisa O's post on rings, which reminds me. I was looking through H&M's upcoming products that they'll be releasing and this one looked pretty cool.

Gonna be on the lookout for it :)

Had lunch after at Ajisen Ramen, a delish spicy fatty beef ramen.


Then we finally went to do the vintage shopping. Started out by going into the Hollywood Road/ Soho area. Along the way, we passed by a huge crowd. Being true cantos and seeing a line, we went and lined up, since we found out it was where Hong Kong's first milk tea originated.



My friend, Dawn, at the back of the line.


So when we finally got to the front, we realized the line was for eating at the place. Some stupid guy had said that it was the take out line. So in the end, we just stood outside and ordered from a guy who looked too busy for his own good.


Yayz to milk tea. I'm wearing my Zara trench coat, H&M grey long sleeve shirt, H&M Sqin jeans, Pedder Red patent bag, and silver chain from Beijing's Panjiayuan market.

Next, finally onto vintage shopping. We first stopped by Vintage HK.


Bunch of little earrings.


I thought this tooth necklace was super cool, but I wasn't willing to a few hundred HKD on it.


A bunch of vintage rings, again hefty price tag. But they were definitely pretty.


A Bottega Veneta for a few thousand HKD.


I was falling in love with that cute little bow ring and the aviators ring with the black stars. Looked quite cute, but I just felt like that might be something I could find in China. The prices ranged from 150ish to 200ish.


I also thought this skull necklace was kinda cute, and those bone earrings. I kinda never really wear jewelery, despite the fact that I still buy it.


I wanted that chain bracelet, but again, too expensive (around 200-300 HKD) for me to consider.


Super cool vintage watches and other accessories. Few thousand HKD for the watches. Maybe in a few years time!


Vintage sunglasses!

After Vintage HK, we headed to Armour Antique. There was a huge range of gorgeous jewelery, except most of it was above HK$1000, clearly unaffordable for a student like me.

Lastly, we headed to Select 18 to end our vintage trip. It was the furthest away and took a bit of time to walk there. I think one of the satisfying things about going to these little shops is the process of finding them and then finally finding it and discovering a bunch of hidden treasures.

It was definitely fun looking at all the jewelery on this shelf. There was this one tiny purse (can't see in this photo) that I was considering getting, but I thought I probably wouldn't use it too much since it was too fancy and I got 4 new bags this summer.


Bags, and bags, and bags, and more bags! I think they had a second hand Balenciaga at the store.


This shop is literally packed with stuff, not that I'm complaining. Though there weren't that many people after awhile, it was still hard to get around cause there was only enough space to fit one person on the sides. But I definitely think it's worth it.

I didn't take any other photos cause I was too busy digging through all the stuff. Another section was at the back, which included a bunch of menswear, as well as sunglasses. They were pretty awesome, but I'm guessing they cost quite a bit.


These are the pair of earrings I came home with, they cost me after 180 (there was a discount on most items), I think it was about 200 something before.

The owner, Thomas, also said that he had a bunch of Topshop stuff that he didn't take out, so I definitely have something to go back for! There's also a website, which includes an online shop.

Finally, went to Mongkok to meet up with Chloe and another friend for dinner. Since Dawn and I got there early, we decided to stop by Monki to check it out. I didn't take any photos cause it was super crowded in there, that I just wanted to look and get the hell out after.

I found two pieces I liked, one was a tank dress & a black slip that I ended up getting.


The tank dress (HK$150) was something like this. Well, not hard to understand what a tank dress is... I didn't end up getting it cause it seemed kinda baggy near the arm area.


The slip, HK$200. I've been meaning to get one of these, and since I was already spending so much that day anyway, I decided to get it.


Their character is super cute! Loving the design aspect to the brand/store concept, they really emphasize on the artsyness.

To end the post, more food! We ate at 西門町台灣麵食 Seam Eett Taiwan Noodles, super high rating on Open Rice (one of the greatest creations in HK).

鸡丝粉皮, in other words.....vermicelli with shredded chicken? well according to nciku.com, 粉皮means sheet jelly made form bean/sweet potato starch. Yeah, no idea. But I love the peanut sauce.


What Dawn, my other friend Katic and I all had. One of my must haves for Taiwanese food, 卤肉饭. Basically minced beef with rice. So much more than it sounds. The sauce is delicious.


What Chloe had, 牛腩面. Beef tendon. It had a lot of....tendon.

So much other stuff to post....too lazy and no time. 3 group projects for Marketing, Management and my Mandarin language classes. So many deadlines to meet. Hopefully I'll have some time to update soon.

2 comments: