Wednesday, September 22

New York Fashion Week Part 92384982395

Vivienne Tam

Although I prefer Vivienne Tam's gorgeous dresses, I think these looks seem to be more comfy and suited for running around and doing errands. Not a fan of the shoes, though.


Marc Jacobs

I'm liking the dark makeup and voluminous waves. I'm also digging the colors that he used, especially the maroon. My favorite look would probably be the last one on Freja, just cause I love a good dress.


Badgley Mischka

Mark Badgley and James Mischka always know how to make dresses that are so sexy and beautiful. The makeup reminds me of a doll, which I think should have been done in another way. My favorite look would have to be the first white dress because it's sexy in a not-to-revealing way.

Vera Wang

I'm crazy for Jac at the moment. I first saw her in Teen Vogue's September 2008 Best Western photo shoot. The hair reminds me of something futuristic. It kind of looks like a side-beehive. My favorite look would be the last one on Jac for the use of sheer with the blue lining and paired with the white skirt. Really loving those shoes.


Rodarte

The Mulleavy sisters are really innovative and come up with the coolest stuff. However, I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of their work, since I'm more into the clean cut and the more conventional type of "pretty".


Michael Kors

Loving the bright colors and the clean cut designs. Though simple, the looks are certainly interesting. My favorite look would have to be on Jac again, since the dress has a very intriguing design to it.


Dennis Basso

Certainly an interesting design on the dress with all the waves of fabric. It seems a little awkward for the model, since her arm seems to dangle awkwardly.


Proenza Schouler

There is an interesting use of fabrics for the designs. Again, not really the conventional type of "pretty". However, I'm loving those shades!


Herve Leger

Max and Lubov Azria always know how to make the best body con dresses. And they seem to never fail to impress on their designs. This collection has a lot of pattern, texture and volume. The shades of pale pink they used really complement their designs. My favorite look would be the third dress, which is very ballerina-esque.


Milly, Karen Walker & Elie Tahari



3.1 Philip Lim

Loving that tassel belt on Tao. The sheer jacket on Jac is also to die for, a very interesting fabric choice which goes quite well with a trench. Philip Lim's tailored looks are well-constructed, yet still innovative and interesting. My favorite look would have to be the one on Jac.


Marchesa

One word: gorgeous! Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig sure know how to design dresses to make a girl feel like a princess or queen. Pretty much the whole collection was jaw-dropping with the dresses that have so much volume and texture, yet still leaving you feeling sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment