Thursday, October 28

Vintageeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Holy moly macaroni. I am excited to shop on Saturday. Despite the fact that I overspent last month. And I realize I kinda sounded spoiled in saying "I-don't-care-what-my-dad-says", but really, I do try to watch my spendings. I mean, I keep track of every cent I spend on an Excel spreadsheet! But every so often, I feel the need to reward myself. And I've also been tutoring a 2 & 3 year old English recently, just waiting on teaching 4 classes before I can get my salary!

Anyways, so I've been planning for my shopping trip by doing my research. Ever since I was preparing to move to Hong Kong during the summer of 2009, I've been digging through sites to find vintage stores. I think it's from all the blogs I read that mention vintage items, especially Sea of Shoes. She always looks fabulous in all her vintage pieces. So yeah, finally found a bunch of stores. Okay, enough words, going to share some with you!

HK Magazine's article Rock Solid includes some new and pricey pieces at the top. But if you scroll down, there's a bunch of stuff on vintage stores. If you want to know more, check out the article. I don't want to overwhelm you with words!


Armour Antique - 45 Staunton St., Central, 2803-7877


Select 18 - Shop A, G/F, Grandview Garden, 18 Bridges St., Central, 9310-6168


Ladyplace - Unit A, 1/F, World Trust Tower, 50 Stanley St., Central, 2854-2321


SatisFactory Vintage Emporium - 2/F, 6 Pak Sha Rd, Causeway Bay, 9783-5141

Another page I found was from Time Out while browsing through their website, 50 Best Independent Shops. Apart from fashion, they have other categories of shops like food and books. I actually found this page before the HK Magazine one. It's what sparked my initial plan to go vintage shopping this weekend. While some of their shops seem rather pricey, I'm still excited to check them all out.


Vintage HK - G/F, 57-59 Hollywood Rd, Central, 2545 9932.


Another shot of Select 18.


Voodooist Eye - 2/F, Hollywood Hse, 27-29 Hollywood Rd, Central, 2986 6368.

Hoping to check out as many of these shops as possibly, and hopefully get some photos in!

No comments:

Post a Comment